British Gas is one of the world’s oldest and most trusted companies. In 1812 the Gas Light & Coke Company was set up by the royal approval of George III whilst Britain was still at war with Napoleon. After over 2 centuries, including 2 world wars, countless innovations and enormous industrial upheaval, British Gas has remained one of the UK’s premiere energy companies. From the invention of the bunsen burner, the pre-payment gas meter and the smart meter, British Gas has been at the forefront of providing power to the people.
In 2011 Home Insurance became part of their service, and British Gas immediately became one of the top 10 insurance providers in the UK. Underwritten by AXA Insurance and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, your buildings and contents cover are in safe hands with British Gas. Their 24 hour claims notification line and new British Gas app mean there are more ways than ever to get in touch with your insurance provider. British Gas' building and
- Click on the offer of your choice at vouchercloud and copy the code if provided
- Follow our link to the British Gas Home Insurance website and browse for your service
- When you’ve chosen your policy you will be taken to the AXA / British Gas Home Insurance website to be given a quote
- Enter your details and a promo code at the bottom of the ‘Your Details’ section
- Any offers which don’t require a discount code will be applied automatically
Buy British Gas Home Insurance online and get a 20% online discount, excluding on renewals.
Is my home insurance policy new for old?
Yes, you will get brand new replacement items after a successful claim, with the exception of clothes and household linen where a cash sum will be offered.
Can I get a no claims discount on my home insurance?
Yes, if you haven’t made a claim and have previously held buildings or contents insurance, a discount will be applied.
What does buildings insurance cover?
The structure of your home and its outbuilding along with any permanent fixtures or fittings, such as kitchen units or bathrooms. You can choose buildings cover of up to £1 million and contents cover of £75,000. there are also plenty of extras you can add to ensure peace of mind, including:
- Home Assistance: cover for emergency repairs in your home, up to £1,000
- Accidental Damage: protection against accidents at home
- Personal Possessions: protection for your personal possessions when you're away
- Legal Expenses Cover: cover for for up to £50,000 of legal costs
Live chat here
PO Box 227
You can cancel your home insurance within 14 days of purchase and British Gas will refund you the full premium provided no claims have been made.
After 14 days, British Gas will keep a proportion of the premium and refund the rest as long as you have not made a claim. An admin fee may apply.