How you can dress like Kate & Meghan on a budget01 May 2018
Here at vouchercloud we love to live more and spend less and we think you should too. That's why we're here to help you channel princess style on a high-street budget. The great thing about the modern royals is that they're equally as happy to dress in great high-street finds as in designer pieces, making it much easier for us all to share their effortlessly stylish wardrobes.
Want to dress like our future queen? The Kate Middleton style is all about brilliant basics - a killer heel, a well-cut coat, a classic dress with a twist. Remember the yummy red Boden coat she wore to Great Ormond Street Hospital? Or the navy Seraphina cocktail dress she wore when she was pregnant?
Kate's ability to take high-street fashion and make it look a million dollars is something we can all replicate with these top 5 tips to getting Kate Middleton's style (plus a discount code, of course):
- Choose your uniform: Kate's classic uniform is a look we can all replicate with a well-cut dress, tailored coat and sleek heels.
- Be body confident: Kate always shows off her figure with a cinched in waist, so choose clothes that flatter you and you'll look a million dollars.
- Add a pop of style: whether that's a blue suede clutch or a statement necklace, Kate knows how to dress up a basic outfit with stylish accessories.
- If you like it, buy it in every colour: Kate often wears the same style but in a different shade, which is an easy way to pull together a range of outfits while staying true to your signature style.
- 5. Shop smart: use discount vouchers for high-quality high-street brands like Zara and LK Bennett to channel Kate's highly wearable looks.
Meghan obviously sees Princess Diana as a style icon and just like the Queen of Hearts she has super sleek style with an edge - she often mixes it up with a pair of ripped jeans or a cool hat - and blends high street with high couture effortlessly.
If you want to channel Meghan Markle style pick up a pure white buttoned coat from Mango or shoulder robe a cool coloured biker jacket from H&M over a bodycon dress like Meghan wore at the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games. A H&M discount code is also a great way to get Meghan's casual dress down uniform of skinny jeans, boyfriend shirt and tennis shoes.
How to get Meghan Markle's style in 5 easy pieces
- The coat: Meghan really is the Queen of Coats, which she wears with knee-high boots and matching accessories. Dressed down she has an equally good game with a cool line in casual jackets. Get the look with a Joules discount code.
- Go monochrome: Meghan often wears tone on tone of the same colour, often with a contrasting shoe like the white two-piece and matching jacket with black shoes she wore for Fashion Week.
- Invest in great high-street basics: the perfect jeans, shirt, jacket and pumps are wardrobe superheroes that never let Meghan, or you, down. Add a brilliant blazer from River Island for pure princess style.
- Choose killer accessories: Meghan's outfit for Christmas of tan coat, gloves and bag was so classically stylish it hurt. Fortunately you can get the look without any pain to your pocket from Accessorize.
- Stay sleek, add texture: true Meghan Markle style is all about understated chic and very cool detailing, so get the look by choosing classic cuts in on-trend fabrics like leather and velvet.
Take your fashion cues from our uber-stylish royals, hit the high street with a discount code or two and you'll create effortless style with the Royal seal of approval - and that's how you live well for less!