Planning your holiday wardrobe on a budget03 May 2018
Preparing for the holiday season when you're on a budget can be stressful, particularly when you need to save spending money and pay off the holiday. There are solutions, however, and creating a 10-piece holiday capsule wardrobe may help you minimise costs. According to wardrobe planning gurus, there are really only 10 key items required for a holiday wardrobe and you can mix and match these to create a number of outfit combinations. You should stick to similar or toning colours when you opt for this kind of minimalist approach, but your holiday capsule outfits can see you through a number of holidays if you choose them wisely.
Basic holiday capsule wardrobe
If you choose to shop for your capsule holiday wardrobe in one shopping trip, you can take advantage of discounts at retailers such as ASOS by using a vouchercloud discount code. You can source a variety of different discount promotional codes for ASOS when you check out the vouchercloud website and can be assured of saving money on your holiday wardrobe purchases.
The basic holiday capsule wardrobe consists of:
1. You'll need a useful and roomy bag to take to the beach and on outings, rather than taking a selection of different bags along with you on holiday.
2. A relaxed, stylish and fitted maxi dress can be worn throughout the day or evening and will be suited to a range of occasions.
3. Sheer, floaty tunics are ideal for the beach and can be coupled with a skirt or trousers to create a stunning look in the evenings as well.
4. A long and soft skirt in a colour that tones with the tunic will be great for casual evenings out strolling in the marina or can be coupled with a bikini top for daytime chic.
5. One pair of comfortable sandals is really all you'll need for a holiday, just so long as they feature a durable sole, as you're likely to be doing plenty of walking.
6. A large scarf is useful as a sarong on the beach and can also be wrapped around your shoulders when evenings turn a little chilly.
7. Opt for a lightweight and long-line jacket or versatile denim jacket to keep you warm on chillier nights.
8. Relaxed, wide leg trousers are great for holidays and can simply be rolled up in your suitcase to reduce risks of creases.
9. One swimsuit or bikini is really all you're likely to need on holiday. Bikinis can be more versatile as the tops can be paired with skirts or trousers to create a more relaxed daytime look.
10. A fun pair of sunglasses in vibrant colours will complete your summer look.
[Image credits: www.asos.com]