Since first opening its doors in 1963, Colchester Zoo has been one of the most popular animal attractions in the UK. Winning awards for its facilities, including Best New Enclosure from the Federation of Zoological Gardens for Playa Patagonia, its variety of wildlife — from our ape ancestors to the formidable big cats to the marine life in its sea enclosures — has kept visitors coming back time and again.
Throughout the zoo, you’ll encounter all sorts of areas including the humid home of the Komodo Dragons, the Madagascan Lemur walkthrough, the exotic Butterfly Glade and so much more — it’s a whole world of nature at its finest just 50 minutes away from Southend. If you want to do more than just look at the animals, you can always opt for a zoo experience including being a keeper for a day or catching one of its Daily Encounters! The zoo even holds special events including early morning wake-up specials, photography workshops and nighttime Starlight Safaris!
- Click on the offer of your choice at vouchercloud and copy the code if provided
- Follow our link to the Colchester Zoo website and click ‘Buy E-Tickets’ then ‘Buy Now’
- Select your date and number of visitors, then click ‘Next’ and ‘Add to shopping cart’
- In your cart, click ‘Click here to enter your discount code’, enter your code and click ‘Apply’
- Click ‘Continue’ and enter your payment details to complete your purchase
- Any offers which don’t require a discount code will be applied automatically
Sign up to Colchester Zoo’s mailing list to hear about some brilliant offers!
Can I get Colchester Zoo gift cards?
You can, the vouchers make for great gifts!
How do I get to Colchester Zoo?
Colchester Zoo is just south of Colchester on the A12, situated on Maldon Road, Stanway, CO3 0SL.
By train, it is near Colchester rail station; by bus, the zoo bus service connects with the number 75. See the travel page for more details.
Is there parking at Colchester Zoo?
Yes, and it’s free too!
Does Colchester Zoo have disabled access?
Yes, Colchester Zoo has all sorts of measures in place, including wheelchair and mobility scooter hire and an ‘easier route’ to follow around the zoo for guests with mobility issues. All toilets have accessible facilities and there are visual and sensory resources available too. Registered Assistance Dogs are allowed, for more information on this and all access measures, check the full access policy.
- Phone: 01206 331292
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to: Colchester Zoo, Maldon Road, Stanway, Colchester, Essex, CO3 0S
- 28th March 2018 – 20th July 2018 - 6.00pm close or dusk if earlier (Last admission at 5.00pm)
- 21st July 2018 – 7th September 2018 - 6.30pm close or dusk if earlier (Last admission at 5.30pm)
- 8th September 2018 - 30th September 2018 - 6.00pm close or dusk if earlier (Last admission at 5.00pm)
- 1st October - 2nd November 2018 - 5.00pm close or dusk if earlier (Last admission at 4.00pm)
- 3rd November 2018 - 15th February 2019 - 4.30pm close or dusk if earlier (Last admission at 3.30pm)