IKEA is a mecca for Scandinavian furnishings obsessives. IKEA products are known for being cheap, cheerful and oh so cleverly designed. IKEA has 963 home furnishing suppliers, based in 51 countries across the world, which means it has the pick of the crop when it comes to providing bespoke and innovative design to customers. Whether you’re in need of storage, a bed or just fancy a plate of those famous meatballs - a trip to IKEA is never a dull one.
IKEA products are extremely easy to assemble, functional and durable - but without the expensive price tag. IKEA stores are dotted all over the country, but it’s just as easy to purchase products online, where you can browse by product, room category or ideas. The ideas pages show you what you can do with the latest IKEA products, giving handy hints and tips about home styling, colour combinations and the latest interior trends.
- Select the promotion code of your choice on the vouchercloud website then click through to the IKEA website
- Browse the items on offer and add what you want to your shopping bag
- When you’ve finished shopping, click ‘view full shopping bag’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter IKEA discount codes in the ‘promotional codes’ box and click ‘add'
- Click ‘checkout securely’
- Add delivery details and click to ‘review and pay’
- Complete your transaction
Set yourself up to receive the IKEA newsletter so you get all the best offers and interior design inspiration delivered right to your inbox.
Does IKEA offer a kitchen planning service?
Yes, you can make an appointment with an in-store specialist, who will help you compose a digital plan based on your kitchen dimensions. Or, alternatively, you can pay £40 to book a home visit, where an IKEA rep will come out and take measurements, and then provide you with ideas and suggests for best use of the space.
Can I request an IKEA catalogue?
Yes, the latest catalogue can be viewed on the IKEA app, online or in print.
What happens if I lose my IKEA instruction manuals?
You will find instruction manuals on every product page of the website, and you can download them, or print out a PDF if you want.
Do IKEA products come with a guarantee?
Most items do, but it’s best to check on the guarantees page of the website, where guarantees and warranties are listed under room categories.
You can contact Customer Services in a number of ways:
- Via live web chat on the IKEA website
- If you wish to talk to someone at a specific store call: 020 3645 0000
- If you've been shopping online and have a query call: 020 3645 0015 (Mon - Fri 07:00 - 22:00, Sat 07:00 - 21:00, Sun 07:00 - 20:00)
- Or use the ‘contact us’ form on the contact page
Be sure to keep an eye on vouchercloud for an IKEA free delivery code and otherwise, delivery costs depend on your location (proximity to an IKEA distribution centre), and size of the order (when you’re ordering online).
Delivery timings will be depend on availability of stock and delivery drivers. Delivery options are different if you purchase in store. These details can be found on the FAQs page of the site.
If you're not totally satisfied, you can return products within 365 days. IKEA give you a full refund by the same method as your original payment, returned with proof of purchase in new and unused condition and, if possible, the packaging. You can return any product, (even assembled), as long as it's in re-saleable condition. Unless faulty, IKEA may refuse the return or offer an exchange or gift card.
It depends on the individual store you wish to visit. Use the Store Finder facility at the bottom of the website to find the info.