How can I get a ScotRail promo code?
You’ll find all the ScotRail offers worth shouting about on this page, including how much you can save from the different types of tickets. The best way to save regularly at ScotRail is with a railcard, Flexipass tickets, annual tickets or the Club 50. We also recommend a Smartcard for more exclusive perks.
Is there a ScotRail student discount?
Yes. The student discount at ScotRail is activated through a railcard, so you’ll need to have a 16–25 railcard in order to enjoy ⅓ off ScotRail tickets. Keep in mind that ScotRail occasionally has promotions which could be more cost-effective than railcard discounts, like 50% off student rail tickets in September.
How much is a monthly train pass ScotRail?
That really depends on the route of your journey. Click on any of the season ticket pages and scroll down to view examples of how much you can save on travel between various destinations in Scotland. ScotRail reports that most passengers travelling five times a week save 20% overall.
Make train journeys more affordable again with a bit of help from our discount codes:
- Browse our live offers for ScotRail, and make your selection by clicking on the blue ‘Get Code’ or ‘View Discount’ button.
- If there’s a code available, we’ll automatically copy it and redirect you to the ScotRail website to book your tickets.
- If there’s a discount, it’ll be activated when you click on the offer, or we’ll take you to the page with instructions on how to claim it.
- Start plotting your journey by selecting the dates and ticket type; then, head to the payment screen.
- Paste the ScotRail voucher in the available box to redeem the offer.
ScotRail's Club 50 discounts
ScotRail has an excellent loyalty scheme for customers over the age of 50 who travel regularly. Available for £15 a year, this club opts you into great ScotRail promotions like 20% off advance bookings, travel anywhere for £15 and 50% off food and drink purchases every time you travel. You can register for the ScotRail Smartcard on the website.
Save at least ⅓ at ScotRail with a railcard
It’s worth getting your hands on a railcard for regular discounts on each journey. It’s not just for students! There’s a railcard available to the 26–30, disabled people, families, seniors, veterans and much more. Most railcards grant one-third off journeys, but the Highland railcard provides 50% off selected routes and the Family & Friend’s railcard comes with the bonus of 60% off children’s tickets.
Cheap travel for kids at ScotRail
Whatever kind of ticket you have, any paying adult will be able to add a kid’s ticket on top for just £1. Not only this, ScotRail travellers are entitled to some first-class perks like free kids' entry to selected museums and 20% off selected hotels, so ScotRail really is the best place to start a family holiday!
You have a few different options if you want to speak to ScotRail’s customer service team:
- Contact ScotRail on social media.
- WhatsApp ScotRail by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
- Call 0344 811 0141 between 7am and 8pm.
- Submit an enquiry through the online form.
- Write to FREE POST ScotRail Customer Relations, PO BOX 27129, GLASGOW, G2 9LH.